Back will pain affect 80% of the population at some point. In fact, low back pain is the leading cause of disability worldwide. At Pro Sports Orthopedics, our team of board-certified, fellowship-trained specialists focus on prevention, restoration of function, and reduction in pain with every treatment plan. If nonsurgical approaches are not effective, the team is able to offer the latest advancements in state-of-the-art spine surgery.
Common Back and Neck Conditions
The spine is one of the most complex and important systems in the human body, and there are many conditions that can cause pain and limit function. Some of the most common conditions include:
- Herniated disc – trauma or injury to a disc resulting in the disc protruding
- Disc degeneration – when discs dry out and lose their ability to cushion the vertebrae
- Spinal stenosis – the narrowing of the canal that houses the spinal cord and nerve roots
- Spondylolisthesis – when a vertebra slips out of line with an adjacent vertebra
- Sciatica – lumbar/sacral nerve root irritation
Most patients do not need surgery to manage their neck and back pain. At Pro Sports Orthopedics, we find that most spine pain is successfully managed with conservative measures such as rest, anti-inflammatory medications, ice/heat, stretching, injections, and physical therapy.
When nonsurgical options fail to relieve pain and restore function, our board-certified, fellowship-trained spine surgeons are highly skilled with minimally invasive techniques.
- Disc replacement
- Cervical fusion
- Posterior lumbar fusion
- Anterior/Posterior lumbar fusion